Tuesday 8 January 2019

Always nice to get a review

It's (nearly) always nice to get a review, in my experience, so whilst I promise I won't do this every time The Petrified World and other tales gets a write-up, I am going to reproduce this one, the first review to appear on Amazon for the various-authors charity anthology I put together and edited. Here it is:

★★★★★
I thoroughly enjoyed this collection of short stories. Whilst they loosely share a general theme of things unknown or unspoken there is great variety in the settings and approach, which really adds to the interest and had me looking forward to each new experience unfolding in the pages. Every one of the stories deals with something unsettling, something dark, with some rooted in contemporary reality, while others explore futuristic scenarios, many of them posing more questions than they deliver answers. All are thought-provoking for different reasons. A great book to pick up and put down at one's leisure – none of the stories are more than 12 pages long - and one which will have me looking out for more work by all the talented authors within it. Plus it’s for a good cause – and one which seems fitting to the book. Very happy to recommend this.

That's nice, isn't it?

You can read the review in situ here or, you know, just just buy the book straight off. What can I say, it's affordable, offers you eleven great short stories by new and emerging authors and benefits the Population Matters charity too - what's not to like?

2 comments:

  1. Think I know who that review is by! I did visit Amazon and tried to leave a review but found it a bit complicated. Have just purchased your novel Drawn To The Deep End and see it is very relevant to my current situation already. Once I have finished it I will return to Amazon and work out how to leave a review for both. Love your writing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyson. Thanks for this, it's always good to get feedback. Hope you enjoy the novel - I look forward to hearing what you think. Thanks again.

      Delete