Friday, 23 March 2012

Turn Around Where Possible goes free

I've made my little "don't go in the woodshed"-style short story Turn Around Where Possible available for Kindle now - look, it's here.

One downside of doing this is that I can't make it free by default - still, I've given away nearly 100 copies free already, via Smashwords and Lulu, so that's not so bad. But it did give me an idea.

The only way you can give a book away for free in Amazon's Kindle Digital Publishing programme is to enrol the book in what they call KDP Select. This means that the book is exclusively available through Amazon only. You still have to set a minimum price (and that's 99c, or about 77p) but you can offer the book for free five days out of every 90. And on those five days, your title somehow magically gets "promoted". I know, me neither, but I'm going to give it a go.

So for now, Turn Around Where Possible is no longer available from Smashwords or Lulu, but exclusively from Amazon. And it costs 77p. But my first freebie promo is coming up - on the 24th and 25th of March it will be free as a bird.

Let's see what this promo brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment