Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Flatlining

By a weird quirk of coincidence that might not seem plausible if I wrote it into a piece of fiction, I have sold exactly the same number of Dark Steps every month for the last four months. And I mean exactly. Despite my best efforts at promotional work, and despite getting sales spikes when the book has been reviewed at various places around the Internet, the overall monthly figure remains resolutely fixed.

It would be nice to think I was making progress. And indeed, I thought I was - January started at a gallop, with as many sales in ten days as in the whole of December.... but then none since. January's sales figures are currently exactly the same as December's... and November's... and October's...

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can break this trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment